13 September 2022
Japan Mint issued a standard coin set including six brilliant uncirculated coins of Japan as well as a special medal featuring this year's oriental zodiac, the Ox.
The coin set contains:
- Six Japanese legal tender coins in Brilliant Uncirculated condition
- a 500 yen nickel-brass coin
- a 100 yen cupronickel coin
- a 50 yen cupronickel coin
- a 10 yen bronze coin
- a 5 yen brass coin
- a 1 yen aluminum coin
- a red brass medal featuring this year’s oriental zodiac the Ox
- a plastic display case
- paper packaging with the 150th anniversary logo
Scheduled Sales Quantity: 150,000 sets / for overseas market: Max. 584 sets
150th anniversary of Introduction of Monetary Unit
Japan Mint 2021 marks two important anniversaries in the coinage history of Japan.
In 1871 the New Currency Regulation was issued and the first modern monetary system was introduced to Japan which designated “Yen” as Japanese currency.
In the same year the inauguration ceremony of Japan Mint was held on 4 April. The anniversary logo of Japan Mint is printed in the paper packaging of 2021 Mint Set.
How to buy the coins
- Visit the Japan Mint Online Shop
- International Dealers for This Product should click here for more information
- For enquiries email: [email protected]