02 October 2022
Since its inception in 1883 the Japan Mint’s Cherry Blossom Viewing has enjoyed lasting popularity as one of Osaka’s best loved spring traditions. This year the Japan Mint will release the 2022 Cherry Blossom Viewing Proof Coin Set to commemorate this traditional event.
The coin set is comprised of:
- The new 500 yen coins started to be issued on November 1, 2021.
- Six Japanese legal tender coins issued in 2022 in proof condition:
- a 500 yen bicolor clad proof coin (nickel-brass, cupronickel and copper)
- a 100 yen cupronickel proof coin
- a 50 yen cupronickel proof coin
- a 10 yen bronze proof coin
- a 5 yen brass proof coin
- a 1 yen aluminum proof coin
- A colour sterling silver medal (Ag 92.5%, Diameter: 35mm, Weight: 20g)
- An explanation sheet (English/Japanese),
- A leather display case
- A paper slipcase featuring the Blossom of the Year, Fukurokuju.
Scheduled Sales Quantity: 16,000 pieces/ for overseas market: 289 pieces
How to buy the coins
- Visit the Japan Mint Online Shop
- International Dealers for This Product should click here for more information
- For enquiries email: [email protected]
Content continues after advertisements