The British Association of Numismatic Societies
The British Association of Numismatic Societies is the national organisation which represents numismatic societies throughout the United Kingdom
The British Association of Numismatic Societies is the national organisation which represents numismatic societies throughout the United Kingdom. It exists to promote the study of numismatics by bringing these societies and their members together to share and increase their interest and expertise in coins, tokens and currency.
What else does BANS do?
- BANS holds an annual weekend congress, organised by the local numismatic society, in a different attractive place each year.
- BANS runs an annual autumn lecture course, with a more specifically educational programme. As at the congresses, the lectures are given by the leading museum, trade and amateur experts.
- BANS has published a series of booklets; these are available from numismatic book dealers. See ' BANS Publications'.
- BANS has produced videotapes of lectures by prominent numismatists.
- BANS hires out sets of slides on popular coin series at modest cost to affiliated societies.
- BANS has funds available to help young members of affiliated societies to attend its weekend meetings and to obtain books.